You often here people comment that moving house is one of the most stressful things that you will experience in your life, with movers to arrange, solicitors to organise and your entire life to pack into boxes you could always do with a little extra help.
We have put together a few simple tips to help you through what can be a great transition and hopefully not an awful ordeal:
- Use a comprehensive checklist in the run up to the move so you can be sure you do not miss anything.
- In the weeks before you move, walk round the house and throw out any clutter that you don’t want, this will make it much easier to do before you get to your new property.
- If you decide to use a moving company, ask for personal recommendations from friends and work colleagues, or you can look on the British association of removers. This will give you peace of mind in the lead up to your move as you know you and your belongings will be in safe hands.
- If you chose to move yourself, try not to underestimate how much you own. When spread out in a house, your belongings can look almost minimal, however when boxed up in the back of van, it is a very different story. You could hire the van that is slightly larger than the one you think you need if you are unsure.
- Dismantle any bulky furniture in advance of the moving day.
- The night before the move can be stressful, turn it into a fun evening for the family. With all your belongings packed, create a mini campsite in the front room, this is a nice way to end the experience of this home before moving on to the next and it will get everybody in the mood for hard work the next day!
- Keep a travel kettle, bottle of milk and tea bags handy in a picnic bag. This way if there is a crisis or just a free five minutes you can indulge in a nice cuppa!
Finally, let AB Clean take care of any last minute cleaning. Our specialist end of tenancy cleaning service is ideal for owners and tenants. With all the pressure of the move running without a hitch, the last thing you need is to wonder if you have missed a spot. To find out more about our professional end of tenancy cleaning services click here. Good luck with the move!