Some tips to help you prepare for Spring Cleaning
A few simple tips can really help when it comes to Spring Cleaning, and they might be just what you need to stop procrastinating and get started! Getting on top of your housework can be very rewarding, so let’s get started!
- Always clean from the top down- this can applied room to room and from upstairs to downstairs. Dust and sweep surfaces, then hoover all carpets and floors as the final step.
- Turn to the right when you walk in a room and follow the walls around as you clean. Stick to this technique and you won’t have to keep going back for areas that you’ve missed!
- Use a clean, damp microfibre cloth for dusting. Hold the cloth up with one corner and, using a spray bottle, mist it with clean water. This is a simple but effective way to pick up dust without using superfluous cleaning products.
- Dust shelves and furniture first.
- Move on to windows, skirting boards and then vacuum.
- Use a quality spray cleaner and clean cloth to eliminate any streaks on the windows. Clean the inside horizontally, and the outside vertically. That way you will be able to see any marks from the direction the streaks are going in!
Spring Cleaning is also a great opportunity to throw away anything that has expired from your cupboards and shelves. Do the same with your fridge and use a multi-purpose anti-bacterial cleaner to wipe the inside before re-stocking. If you have white bedding or towels, put in to wash with a natural whitening agent such as lemon juice or white vinegar. Then hang them outside to dry as the sun will naturally brighten them and give them that great spring fresh smell.
At ABClean, one of our areas of expertise is carpets, and experience tells us that an intelligent approach to this aspect of your house will also save you time and money in the long term. As a time-saving measure, all you need to do is simply move furniture out of the way rather than removing it all from each room. Hoover that space, then move the furniture back to where it was. Investing in a quality vacuum cleaner with rotating beater brushes on the front and strong suction is one of the best ways to ensure you get the best results from vacuum cleaning carpets. Getting a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter will filter out harmful particles in the air and provide an extra level of relief for those who suffer from allergies or hayfever.
The air inside your house is ten times dirtier than outside. It is the perfect place for bacteria and pollen to build up over the winter months. You can help reduce allergens in the home such as mould, mildew and dust mites with the cleaning techniques above, but even the most thorough spring cleaning won’t remove what is hidden deep beneath the surface of your carpets and upholstery. The carpet is the largest textile in your home, which makes it a perfect place for these unwanted foreign bodies to hide.
We have many different cleaning services at ABClean that will address these problems and get you back on the right track with your housework while relieving you and your guests from allergens and unpleasant odours that naturally build up when carpet and upholstery is not thoroughly cleaned. We utilise professional cleaning equipment that requires skill and experience to use. Our Hot Water Extraction (HWE) machines give carpets the most thorough clean possible. Carpets will be completely dry and ready to use in rapid time with this technique, minimising the disruption caused to your home.
Get in touch with us today to find out how our friendly, knowledgeable team can help.